Ingredients for four persons:
- 600 gr. or 1lb.4 oz. boned chicken breast
- 1 jar 25 gr. or 1 oz. whole summer truffle in brine
- 30 gr. (1½ tbsp) extra virgin olive oil
- 40 gr. (2 tbps) balsamic vinegar
- 100 gr. (just over 3 oz.) valerian
- Salt and pepper to taste
Make tiny incisions in the chicken breasts, and insert the truffle sliced in slivers approx. ½ cm thick. Individually roll up the breasts and wrap in cling film. Steam cook for about 20 mins. Leave to cool, then unwrap and cover with the truffle preserving oil. Place on a serving plate, garnish with the valerian and dress with the balsamic vinegar (or, if you prefer, lemon juice) and a pinch of salt. Serve with toasted french bread.